Documentation relating to the administrative side of managing RAWCS projects, including the manual for Project Managers, is available on the Key Documents page of the RAWCS website.
Below is the extract on the responsibilities of the Project Manager of a RAWCS Projects from the Project Manual; the three key tasks for on-going projects have been marked in bold.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN RELATION TO RAWCS PROJECTS
Sponsoring Rotary Club
The role of a Sponsoring Rotary Club is to appoint, supervise and support the Project Manager, Project Committee and volunteers, all of which are acting on behalf of RAWCS in relation to the Project.
The Sponsoring Rotary Club is responsible for and is required to:
- Ensure a proposed project complies with the Project Criteria.
- Appoint a Project Manager and Project Committee.
- Supervise and support the Project Manager to manage the Project.
- Ensure the financial and administrative records are maintained by the Project Manager on behalf of RAWCS.
- Obtain regular reports on progress of the Project from the Project Manager.
- Ensure the Project is progressing satisfactorily.
- Raise the funds necessary for completion of the Project.
- Assist the Project Manager to recruit and provide volunteers.
- Ensure that the Project Manager submits the online six-monthly Project Audit Reports.
Sponsoring Club President
The President of the Sponsoring Rotary Club agrees to comply with the Project Manual on behalf of the Sponsoring Club. The President of the Sponsoring Rotary Club must agree and sign the Project application and ensure that the ongoing responsibility of the Project is passed on to future Club Presidents.
The Project Manager (or in his/her absence, the Deputy Project Manager) is responsible for:
- Managing the Project on behalf of the Sponsoring Rotary Club and RAWCS.
- Obtaining the agreement and support of the Project Committee for all decisions relating to the Project
- Keeping detailed financial and administrative records in relation to the Project.
- Completing the online six-monthly Project Audit Reports. (see the instructions for assistance)
- Ensuring that the Board of the Sponsoring Rotary Club is kept advised of all aspects of the Project.
- Providing the District RAWCS Project & Volunteers Chair with quarterly Project Progress Reports for the RAWCS Regional Operations Committee.
The Project Manager (or in his/her absence, the Deputy Project Manager) acts as an agent for RAWCS in managing the Project on behalf of RAWCS, with support from the Sponsoring Rotary Club.
The Project Manager is responsible for implementation of the Project, and agrees to carry out the Project, on behalf of RAWCS and subject to the control of RAWCS.
The Project Manager and the Deputy Project Manager MUST be Rotarians from the Sponsoring Rotary Club.
The Project Manager (or in his/her absence, the Deputy Project Manager) must authorise the payment of funds from the RAWCS Project Account.
The Sponsoring Rotary Club (for Rotary Club Projects) or the District Governor (for District Projects) appoints a Project Committee, a Project Manager, a Deputy Project Manager and at least one other Committee Member to manage the project and to keep the Club or District informed on all financial and progress activities of the Project.
The Project Manager and the Deputy Project Manager MUST be Rotarians. Other Committee Member(s) may be either Rotarians from other Rotary Club or non-Rotarians. Ultimately, these individuals act as agents for RAWCS and the operation of the Projects is the responsibility of RAWCS. The Project Committee must agree to all decisions relating to the Project.