The Rotary Club of Freshwater Bay Charity Fund Incorporated (ABN 94 125 885 722) is the Charitable Foundation of our Club. This fund is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission as a charity and is endorsed as a deductible gift recipient (DGR), allowing for tax deductible donations to be made.
- ACNC Certificate of Registration [PDF] – registered 1 December 2022
- Rules of Association [PDF] – amended 8 June 2011
- Certificate of Incorporation [PDF] – incorporated 30 June 2010
Objects of the Foundation
The objects of the Charitable Foundation are to:
(a) provide relief to persons who:
(i) are in Australia; and
(ii) are in necessitous circumstances due to their financial resources being insufficient to provide for a modest standard of living in the Australian community;
(b) provide relief by making direct distributions of money or goods to those persons to relieve those necessitous circumstances being experienced.
All members of the Rotary Club of Freshwater Bay are members of the Charitable Foundation as well.
The RCFWBCFI Committee members are elected annually at the AGM, held immediately after the AGM of the Rotary Club.
The current committee comprises:
- Chairperson: Fiona Tremlett
- Secretary: Di Collins
- Treasurer: Aaron Chinyimba
- Ordinary Committee Member: Simone Collins
Projects Completed through the Charity Fund in 2021/22
- Fans for people in necessitous circumstances (mainly indigenous): $610.00
- Equipment for Aboriginal Medical Students: $200.78