Rotary Australia World Community Service (RAWCS) enables tax deductible donations to be made to Rotary projects which assist disadvantaged communities and humanitarian aid projects.
Angel Academy, a primary school in Nepal, provides culturally appropriate, quality bilingual (English/Nepali) education to Nepalese children who would not otherwise have this opportunity. Our club has supported Angel Academy since 2010, including providing them with a water filter.
You can help support the work of this school by making a tax deductible donation online.
The Triple B Care Project
Val Smith-Orr is a registered Australian nurse volunteering in Zambales in the Philippines, primarily operating and caring for children with burns and cleft palate.
The Triple B Care Projects – Burns, Bingots (cleft palates) and Bulate (worms) – aims to build and run a good burns unit with treatment and rehab facilities. Val plans to have Australian burns surgeons and nurses to volunteer, as well as to teach local surgeons how to do good skin grafting.
You can read our September 2019 update about this project.
To help support Val’s work, make a tax deductible donation to Triple B Care online.
A RAWCS Project was been set up in January 2019 to support work in and around the Palu region on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi related to rebuilding and restoration following a tsunami event, together with an ongoing medical and dental mission. We have a dedicated web page about Project Palu here on our website.
This project is a collaboration between several different parties who have been working in the region, including our members Greg Acciaioli and Niniek Tolley. You can see the presentation given by Tim Balakrishnan and Jason Loong at our meeting on 30th January 2019, and a video of the presentation given by Greg and Nini in December 2018 is available on Facebook.
To help support this work, make a tax deductible donation to Project Palu online.
Other projects we have completed through RAWCS include:
- Providing flooring and shelving for a hospital in Sri Lanka
- Providing 20 cartons of books for a school in Madurai, India
- Assisting with building the Wapenamanda Emergency Medical Centre in Papua New Guinea
- Sponsoring students in Koro Island, Fiji
- Providing medicines, supplies and equipment for the Maiti Foundation in Nepal, which aims to protect Nepali girls and women from crimes like domestic violence, child prostitution, child labour and other forms of exploitation and torture. This project has since been transferred to the now defunct Rotary Club of Bayview Claremont.