Rotary Australia World Community Service (RAWCS) enables tax deductible donations to be made to Rotary projects which assist disadvantaged communities and humanitarian aid projects.
Angel Academy, a primary school in Nepal, provides culturally appropriate, quality bilingual (English/Nepali) education to Nepalese children who would not otherwise have this opportunity. Our club has supported Angel Academy since 2010, including providing them with a water filter.
You can help support the work of this school by making a tax deductible donation online.
The Triple B Care Project
Val Smith-Orr is a registered Australian nurse volunteering in Zambalas in the Philippines, primarily operating and caring for children with burns and cleft palate.
The Triple B Care Projects – Burns, Bigots (clefts) and Bulate (worms) – aims to build and run a good burns unit with treatment and rehab facilities. Val plans to have Australian burns surgeons and nurses to volunteer, as well as to teach local surgeons how to do good skin grafting.
To help support Val’s work, make a tax deductible donation to Triple B Care online.
Other projects we have completed through RAWCS include:
- Providing flooring and shelving for a hospital in Sri Lanka
- Providing 20 cartons of books for a school in Madurai, India
- Assisting with building the Wapenamanda Emergency Medical Centre in Papua New Guinea
- Sponsoring students in Koro Island, Fiji
- Providing medicines, supplies and equipment for the Maiti Foundation in Nepal, which aims to protect Nepali girls and women from crimes like domestic violence, child prostitution, child labour and other forms of exploitation and torture. This project has since been transferred to the Rotary Club of Bayview Claremont.