We present a Vocational Excellence or Pride of Workmanship Award to local businesses or employees who give exceptional service.
2016 Pride of Workmanship Recipients
- Rob McEvoy & Jenny Heyden raised money for children with special needs at an annual fundraising event “Doc of the Swan”, a fun yachting challenge where medical and dental professionals and their crew compete for a perpetual trophy.
2015 Pride of Workmanships Awards
- Shannon Lovelady, a Historian, along with her team of 30 volunteers, identified soldiers who had enlisted from WA and who had died in or as a result of the Gallipoli campaign. 4,000 enlisted soldiers were researched to end up with a total of 1023 who had been killed. An invaluable history has been created, some of which can be accessed via the Gallipoli Dead from Western Australia Facebook group, and families who had lost contact with each other over the century have been reconnected.
- Mark Coughlan, a Concert Pianist who has performed internationally as well as nationally, has been involved in a vast range of activities as a pianist, music director, lecturer and music critic. He serves as a Director or Chairman on a number of Boards, with countless musical groups and orchestras, and was Head of the UWA School of Music for 8 years. Of particular note is his tireless effort in fostering and supporting the young talent which is constantly emerging in Western Australia. Mark gives freely of his time, talent and energy to enhance the musical culture in WA, which he has helped raise to an impressive standard.
2014 Pride of Workmanship Award
- Dr. Gary and Kim Hewett, co-founders of Awareness Cambodia, have worked tirelessly since 1995 to protect and nurture Cambodian children in the wake of the atrocities carried out by the Khmer Rouge.
2013 Pride of Workmanship Award
- Richard Symons, a Tenor singer, has generously given of his time and talent to many clubs and events, and to the Rotary Club of Freshwater Bay by performing at a number of special dinner meetings (including our Charter Night) and two fundraising concerts which substantially benefitted our club.
2012 Pride of Workmanship Award
- James Kelly, owner of Super IGA, Nedlands, generously supports local schools along with sporting and other community groups with produce from his business.
2011 Pride of Workmanship Award
- Andre Harris, the owner of Honmaz in Nedlands, for outstanding service in his business dealings.
- Kathy Lucas, Personal Assistant to Professor Ralph Martins at the McCusker Alzheimer’s Research Foundation, for the way in which she has sensitively dealt with Alzheimer’s sufferers over a 14 year period.
- Roh Siriwardena, Hospitality Manager at Bethesda Hospital in Claremont, for the many humanitarian and caring activities he carries out in the local and international community.
2010 Pride of Workmanship Award
- Ali Warne, La Galette de France on Broadway, Nedlands
2009 Vocational Excellence Award
- Danielle Dyson, Bethesda Hospital